Ware Malcomb has an exciting opportunity in our New York office for a Senior Interior Designer!
The Senior Interior Designer position offers an excellent opportunity for professional growth and exposure to a variety of project types. Our portfolio currently includes corporate office/workplace, retail, hospitality and technology projects.
Senior Interior Designer Responsibilities:
- Meet with clients to develop ongoing relationships and determine clients’ project goals.
- Follow projects from inception through construction in order to maintain design quality and intent.
- Conducts programming efforts such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment, lighting and color coordination.
- Prepares and conducts client presentations.
- Responsible for selection and specification of furniture, lighting, flooring, wall covering and artwork. Estimates material requirements and preliminary costs.
- Solicits bids and assists Project Manager and client in subcontracting fabrication, installation, and arrangement of the materials, finishes, and furnishings required.
- Supports the Construction Administration phase responding to RFI’s, CO’s, and reviews shop drawings.
- Advanced knowledge of building regulations and safety codes.
- Keeping the project team on schedule and on budget while providing a cohesive design.
- Implements and utilizes the best practices of Ware Malcomb for all projects and processes.
- Coordinate with Project Managers and direct junior staff in correctly documenting design.
- May mentor and direct the work of less experienced staff and deliver staff performance evaluations.
- Contributes in office activities and involved in design community organizations.
The preferred qualifications for a Senior Interior Designer:
- 10+ years of experience in Interior Architecture & Design
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related field
- Accreditation/Registration/Licensure or Pursuing Accreditation/Registration/Licensure
- Basic computer, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create complete presentation package
- Proficiency in the basic technical skills of interior design including the following computer skills:
- Proficiency in Deltek Vision
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in Newforma
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
- Proficiency in Revit
- Proficiency in of Adobe Suite and Sketch up graphic software.
- Knowledge of 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Lumion.
Ware Malcomb is an award winning international design firm offering integrated services to clients throughout the world. Founded in 1972, Ware Malcomb offers architecture, planning, interior design, civil engineering, branding and sustainable design services to a diverse client base. Our portfolio include office, industrial, build-to-suit, manufacturing, retail, restaurant, hospitality, auto and renovations.
Ware Malcomb provides the best of both worlds; a small office supportive and nurturing work environment coupled with the resources, amenities, and opportunities afforded by a large International Design firm.
Ware Malcomb offers a whole life balance, health-focused company culture, competitive salary and overall benefits package along with an excellent opportunity for professional growth.
Ware Malcomb is recognized as an Inc. 5000 fastest-growing private company and a Hot Firm and Best Firm to Work For by Zweig Group!
**Must be legally authorized to work in the United States**