Ware Malcomb has an exciting opportunity in our New York, NY office for a Design Studio Manager, Interior Architecture & Design.
The Design Studio Manager is a key member of the Ware Malcomb management team, responsible for leading the design studio and providing design leadership to regional offices, Our portfolio currently includes corporate / workplace, retail, technology and other commercial projects.
Design Studio Manager Responsibilities:
- Follow projects from inception through construction in order to maintain design quality and intent
- Conducts programming efforts such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishing, equipment, light and color coordination
- Assesses and implement workplace strategy
- Assist regional leadership with marketing and promoting attainment of new business, including preparation and execution of client presentations
- Responsible for selection and specification of furniture, lighting, flooring, wall covering and artwork. Estimates material requirements and preliminary costs
- Solicits bids and assists Project Manager and client in subcontracting fabrication, installation and arrangements of the materials, finishes and furnishing required
- Support the Construction Administration phase responding to RFI’s, CO’s and review shop drawings
- Coordinate with Project Managers and mentor junior staff in correctly documenting design
- Responsible for preparing outline plans for improving quality studios design/documents
- Prepare workload schedule for studio
- Responsible for reviewing staffing needs, interviewing and training staff
- Attend marketing/networking functions such as NAIOP, SIOR, IIDA etc. Coordinate networking lunches with key contacts
- Works to promote excellence in our design projects / process and develop Design recognition for Ware Malcomb within local design community
Design Studio Manager Requirements:
- 10+ years of experience in the field of Interior Design or Architecture
- Experience in the design of corporate / workplace interiors and other commercial projects
- Preferred experience in a leadership role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related field
- Licensed Architect, NCIDQ, CID or local state equivalent
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, Revit and Sketch Up
Ware Malcomb is an award winning international design firm offering integrated services to clients throughout the world. Founded in 1972, Ware Malcomb offers architecture, planning, interior design, civil engineering, branding and sustainable design services to a diverse client base. Our portfolio include office, industrial, build-to-suit, manufacturing, retail, restaurant, hospitality, auto and renovations.
Ware Malcomb provides the best of both worlds; a small office supportive and nurturing work environment coupled with the resources, amenities, and opportunities afforded by a large International Design firm.
Ware Malcomb offers a whole life balance, health-focused company culture, competitive salary and overall benefits package along with an excellent opportunity for professional growth.
Ware Malcomb is recognized as an Inc. 5000 fastest-growing private company and was chosen as a 2018 Best Firm to Work for by Zweig Group!
**Must be legally authorized to work in the United States**